Water Scholar Program
In 2014, the Water Education Water Awareness Committee (WEWAC) established the "WEWAC Water Scholar Program" in order to promote water awareness through education programs. The Water Scholar Program provides financial support to high school seniors planning to attend a two or four year college in the following school year.
Four scholarships up to $1,500 payable to an educational institution upon proof of enrollment.
Who can Apply?
High school seniors living in the collective WEWAC service area and planning to attend a two or four year college in the following school year.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Member of the WEWAC member agencies service area senior class
- Current GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Planning to attend a two or four year college in the following school year
- Must submit complete application, including essay by deadline
Applicants must submit an essay that addresses the following prompt:
The committee is currently deciding on the topic for the 2019-2020 school year. Please check back in the Fall.
Essay must meet the following format requirements:
- Length: 1,000-1,500 words
- Text: Typed/word-processed, Times New Roman font, 12-point size, double-spaced lines
- Page: White paper, 1" margins on all four sides, numbered pages
- Title: Provide an original title for your essay (i.e., do not use the prompt as your title)
- Header: Provide a header that includes your full name, date, and scholarship name
Essay will be judged based on the following equally weighted criteria:
- Focus on topic
- Creativity & Originality